Jan 19, 2010

Stiff Fingers Need Piano Therapy

Sara Bareilles - Gravity

I hope winter ends soon.  Every time winter comes knockin' on my door, my extremities never stay warm, I eat more, I run outside less, I get fat... and my fingers get stiff.  And when my fingers get stiff, I start missing my grand piano back at home.  The light-oak brown instrument has it's very own space in the large dining area, with a large window behind it letting sunlight peek through the blinds and dance on top of the closed top - probably a very dusty closed top.  The piano must be really lonely now that no one comes to play it's keys.

I never wanted to play the piano but my dad forced me to like all Asian parents.  But during the last year of high school, it grew on me.  Right when it started to grow on me, I had to leave for college.  I was never a really good piano player anyway.  Never a good student.  But for some reason, I became a better player during college.  I missed making music with just the touch of my fingers.  I sought out opportunity to practice and play.

While I participated in the university choir, I had access codes to piano rooms.  Then when I quit choir, I started sneaking into auditoriums.  Until one day I finally set off the alarm.  I haven't played in Seattle since!  I wish I practiced more.  I could sure use some piano therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment